Promise – Position – Presence – Provision – Power
- Promise: “These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will drive out demons….they will place their hands on sick people and they will get well” Mark 16:17-18 The promise is to those who believe in Jesus. He is the Lord our healer. Believers will act in his name, on his behalf, to continue our Lord’s ministry of healing and deliverance.
- Position: Our position is in Christ. We were included in Christ when we believed into him and received the gift of eternal life.
- Presence: “I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken” Psalm 16:8 quoted by the apostle Peter on the day of Pentecost. See Acts 2:25. “I am with you always” Matthew 28:20
- Provision: God has made full provision for our healing and wholeness through his coming in the person of Jesus Christ.
- Power: “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you” Acts 1:8. This final promise of Jesus was fulfilled at Pentecost and is available to believers today.